Saturday, December 11, 2010

Weekly Blog 8: Injustice

I know a lot of people disagree with me on this subject (my mother especially) but I think this is one of the biggest social injustices today. I feel that everyone should be able to marry the person they want. Yes this blog is about why we should legalize same sex marriage. This ban on same sex marriage is taking away homosexual peoples constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness. I know the biggest opposers of making this legal is the church. But I am sorry to say for those people that here in the U.S we have what is called a separation of church and state. Which means that the church has no influence over what becomes law. This is a bit confusing to me, since the church is the one saying that this is wrong and the state is following this rule then really where is the separation? Remember what back when you couldn't even marry the same race? Well now that is possible, so why can't this be possible. There are many consequences to not being able to marry your spouse such as; not being able to see them in hospitals, when they die you have no control over their belongings, you have to have different insurances. There are many others too. I just think that if we do have this separation of church and state then there really should be no problem to make having gay marriage legal, it is their right to be happy no matter who they have chosen to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment