Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Weekly Blog 9: A Time Of Giving

This weekend I was having a conversation with a guy I work with and he just so happens to be going to college to try and become a Pastor when he gets a little older. He asked me what I thought about Christmas and I replied that it was not my favorite holiday of the year, my favorite is Halloween. He was shocked as most of you probably would be at that answer. Don't get me wrong I do like Christmas because I like getting together with my family and having a good time. Back to my story, as I told him that Christmas was not my favorite Holiday he responded with telling me how awesome it was to be getting gifts and what he got his wife this year. This is exactly the reason I do not like Christmas. You would think him wanting to be a pastor he would want to tell me about the spirit of Christmas and why that was his favorite holiday. But even he is blinded by the shallowness and material objects that had takin' over the true meaning of Christmas. Who ever said Christmas is the time of giving is wrong! It's the time to love your families and all the people around you who make you happy. In today's society this day is all about who got the most, the best, and the most expensive gifts. People are shopping for this one day for a whole month, if not longer. This makes me sad as a person to see how materialistic our culture is now. We should take back the meaning of Christmas and enjoy just being around the people who mean the most to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment